New Year New Post...First up Beauty on a budget!

Hi all – hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!๐Ÿ˜Š


Well is it all New Year New You? – I have decided not to make any resolutions but instead am trying to be less hard on myself – I am always “I should be doing this or that” so trying to stop that train of thought – we’ll see how long it lasts!๐Ÿ™Š


Another thing January is, is long and lean on the money front after shopping and partying before and during Christmas  - it is now a long few weeks before pay day!!๐Ÿ™ˆ


That’s why I am sharing some budget buys if you need them but your usuals are off the list due to budget constraints!๐Ÿ’ถ๐Ÿ’ถ๐Ÿ’ถ


First up Nivea Aftershave balm - used as a primer:


I took the sticker off the bottle to make it look less manly!๐Ÿ˜‰




I posted my purchase of this a while back and have been trying it since – I got it reduced in Tesco for under €4 – its usual RRP is approx €7.



Firstly a little goes a long way. Secondly there is a slight smell but it is not strong so it really isn’t an issue when using and it should not put you off – you won’t smell like a man!!



It’s a decent size bottle so this will save me on primer for a bit and would buy again – green light on this from me.



Secondly – Cien Conditioner - from Lidl:


Cien Conditioner

I buy an expensive shampoo as I need it for my scalp but as I have fine hair, I can shop around a bit more for my conditioner. I decided to try this out as for less then a euro, even if it was no good, it wouldn’t be a big deal at that price!  

I apply a small amount to the ends of my hair after shampooing and rinse after a minute or so.

I find the ends soft and my hair well manageable after use. So this for me is now a staple and not just for budgeting purposes๐Ÿ‘


Below is  photo after using both primer and conditioner – the make-up is a few hours on me at this stage and hair dried naturally after using the conditioner.


Happy with the results๐Ÿ‘


I recently bought the Cien toner and Cien eye cream  - the sum of both under the €6 mark but I have just started using them so will be back with a post on these soon!


Recent purchases from the Lidl Cien range

Hope this is of some help through January and that if you get the products you will get use out of them, for January at least!

Happy New Year again and here is to a great 2017!!

Bye for now xxx

Please do check out Magstyle on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram in between posts!

Comments

Popular Posts