Beauty Brunch with the Make-Up Fairy - Sunday 18/10/2015 #ITWBN


Hi all,

I was lucky enough to attend another Into the West Blogger Network event recently with the Make Up Fairy, Joanne Larby. It was held in the Ardilaun Hotel in Taylors Hill which was a lovely setting for an Autumn Day!


#fwis - What I wore


The Ardilaun Hotel

As soon as I went in I felt at home, everyone was chatting and so friendly including Joanne herself. We were greeted with pretty fruit cocktails and then a really tasty spread of food followed. Thank you to the Ardilaun! I had a great chat with the girls at my table which was called Urban Decay so all in all a great start to the day!



#itwbn

#cheers
#urbandecay

We washed down our tasty food with equally tasty tea from Solaris – I am converted , from the lovely Caitriona to the tasty tea itself and the careful production of the teas so the leaves are used at the right time to ensure that the taste is right. I have converted my sister too! Definitely check this tea out, you won’t be disappointed.



Solaris Tea

It was then onto the speaker of the day – Joanne. She was really friendly and down to earth from the get-go. Her journey from the beginning was hard graft and determination. Sometimes it is hard to find time in a day for everything but Joanne proves it can be done – she was working seven days for two years to try and keep up two jobs in montessori teaching and make-up artistry as she loved both but in the end she travelled down the make-up route and so much more followed.  She is a Make-Up Artist / Beauty Blogger / Stylist / Model and has branched out into fitness on her blog too. She is also has an interest in psychology. I really love the sayings that she shares – I think everyone can relate in some way.


Joanne Larby

The Makeup Fairy and me!

#selfie...need to perfect my pout!!
Point proven that hard work pays off – she has a new fabulous new website – link above  and here and a new book which I am looking forward to reading. Check out the cover below Ah-Mazing!!!

Joannes new book


There were also great stands there on the day:

My Lady Bug – An easy way to deal with the that time of the month..."one less headache" is the tagline and it really is! 

I loved chatting to Mary Rose about her brand and it is  always great to see new businesses being set up in Ireland – read more about it and get started here. I am definitely going to subscribe!



My Lady Bug

Kinvara – A skincare brand made in Ireland who have amazing natural products. Carmel was on hand to answer any questions and was so informative and helpful and gave us some samples to try out. Anyone I have spoken to loves this brand so I know I will love them. Check out their website here.

Kinvara Skincare

Athlone town Centre – The Centre that saves the trek to Dublin! Check out their list of shops along with everything the Centre has to offer here.
I had a great chat with Freida from the Centre on the day. She looks after the social media and I got great tips from her – it is always good to look at social media from other points of view and pick up tips along the way.

The goody bags were great as always - thank you to the sponsors! 

I am trying out a few bits already as you will have seen on my social media pages so I will do some blog posts soon on these.




Goodie Bag - Very Lucky!

Ogra Skin Care, Wet 'n' Wild, Blank Canvas Cosmetics, ImPRESS Nails , MyLadyBug,  Flormar, The Body Shop, Solaris TeaAthlone Town Centre, Nia 
 
To finish, it was another great event organised by the ITWBN  - the women behind it Sinead and Saibh are always hard at work with arranging events and blog schools to help bloggers on their blogging journey. Check out their fabulous new website above and here for more.

Here are a few of us Bloggers on the day:


Obligatory selfie with Ruth of The Beauty Kemple!

With Sandra from A Modern Mommy's World and My Style Pursuit and Aisling from the The Superfit Foodie

It has been a great help to me and so many others and someday, you never know, we may be releasing a book ourselves!!

Bye for now xxx

Check out my Facebook/Instagram/ Twitter for micro blogging and Magstyleisms in between Blog Posts!



Comments

Popular Posts